- THIS WEEKby teamAG (Africa Geographic) on 13 May 2022
The Top 101 Photographer of the Year entries (4 […]
- International elephant corridor put at risk by killing of Botswana’s largest tuskersby Don Pinnock (Conservation Action Trust) on 13 May 2022
12th May 2022 | Daily Maverick | Don Pinnock | While […]
- Anti corruption report in Senegal: Greenpeace Africa urges Senegal to adopt transparency in the fishing sectorby Amagor Robert NIANG (Greenpeace Africa) on 12 May 2022
“The shortcomings raised by OFNAC confirm the […]
- Inside how Botswana’s trophy hunting is making the rich richer and the poor poorerby Conservation Action (Conservation Action Trust) on 12 May 2022
12th May 2022 | Sunday standard | By Khonani Ontebetse […]
- #ToHellWithShell – Desiree Laverneby Desiree Laverne (Greenpeace Africa) on 12 May 2022
I recall that nauseating feeling when we discovered […]
- Photographer of the Year 2022 Top 101 – Gallery 4
- Photographer of the Year 2022 Top 101 – Gallery 3
- Photographer of the Year 2022 Top 101 – Gallery 2
- Photographer of the Year 2022 Top 101 – Gallery 1
- CLIMATE CHANGE IS A GENDER ISSUE: KZN FLOODS THREATEN TO DERAIL WOMEN’S DEVELOPMENT OUTCOMESby Thandile Chinyavanhu (Greenpeace Africa) on 11 May 2022
The early lockdown measures imposed to curb the spread […]
- Tee off in Plettenberg Bay with this holiday specialby David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 16 May 2022
Golf enthusiasts are invited to escape the winter cold […]
- Takatso buys 51% share in SAA for R3 billionby David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 16 May 2022
South African Airways advanced into majority private […]
- South Africa makes top 10 camping hotspots around the globeby David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 16 May 2022
Clothing brand, Superdry, has analysed 99 countries […]
- A bicycle wine tour in Tulbagh? It’s wheelie goodby David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 16 May 2022
Just a 90-minute drive from Cape Town lies Tulbagh […]
- Cape Town takes second place in City Nature Challengeby Taylah Strauss (Getaway Magazine) on 16 May 2022
Residents of Cape Town recorded 66 144 observations […]
- Giraffe calf in US gets leg braces to help her walkby Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 16 May 2022
Msituni, a three-month-old giraffe calf was born with […]
- Roaming elephant bulls reach Kruger border after 700km journeyby Lauren Dold (Getaway Magazine) on 16 May 2022
For the past month, a group of 11 elephant bulls have […]
- WIN: A six-night holiday to Vic Falls worth over R65 000!by Lauren Dold (Getaway Magazine) on 15 May 2022
Victoria Falls is Africa's own Eden, where luxury, […]
- Thomas Peschak: Penguin magnetby Lauren Dold (Getaway Magazine) on 13 May 2022
Thomas Peschak, marine biologist and National […]
- Peter and Beverly Pickford’s ventures to the Edges of the Earthby Lauren Dold (Getaway Magazine) on 13 May 2022
In 2011, Peter and Beverly Pickford took their […]
What we offer –
- You will receive between 30 and 50 high-resolution images absolutely free of charge, to use as you see fit. The images will be of your accommodation interior and exterior and the facilities and surroundings of your resort. The images can be used on your website, for posting to social media, even for printing of banners or posters.
- We do regular photograph postings to the major social media sites, containing a short narrative describing the image. The photographs taken at your resort will be used for this, over a period of time.
- We will also post a review of your resort on Tripadvisor and on your Facebook page.
- The images, reviews and your details will be published on our website, for viewing by our site visitors.
What we require in return –
- Complimentary, out-of-season weekend(s) (Fri – Sun), with accommodation for two in one of your chalets.
- Credits for the photographs taken by us – published on your website.
- An endorsement of what we do – published on your website and posted to your social media.
- Our watermarks are to remain intact on the photographs published.
22 December 2016 ~ Welcome to our newly established internet presence!
To date, we have been jointly operating under the eX-Base Photography banner, but we recently had the privilege to expand our equipment base and skill-sets and as a result, decided to split our operation into three streams –
- Nomads – Nature photography and Travel reviews (Operated by Xander and Mariaan Buys)
- eX-Base Photography – Architectural, Concert and Lifestyle photography (Operated by Xander Buys)
- Purple Hat Photography – Architectural and Lifestyle photography (Operated by Mariaan Buys – coming soon!)
This restructuring will allow us to publish relevant content in a more structured and logical fashion and also allow us to showcase our individual portfolios.
Going forward all new nature- and travel-related content will be published on this site, with back-links to previous content captured by eX-Base Photography. This is why a lot of the images will continue to show the eX-Base Photography branding. Photo albums and reviews will also redirect to the respective eX-Base Photography Flickr and Tripadvisor websites. This will be rectified in time, please bear with us.
In the meantime, please check back often for updates or subscribe to receive update notifications.