- Break Free From Plastic Disappointed by Final Extended Producer Responsibility Amendmentsby Chris Vlavianos (Greenpeace Africa) on 10/05/2021
This morning, the Department of Environment, Forestry […]
- Recreational hunting: 50 years of scientific researchby Team Africa Geographic (Africa Geographic) on 10/05/2021
Trophy hunting: Massive meta-analysis on recreational […]
- CEO note: Lions | lions | lionsby Simon Espley (Africa Geographic) on 07/05/2021
CEO note: Lions | lions | lions The post CEO note: […]
- Community stops avocado farm in the Amboseli regionby Guest Contributor (Africa Geographic) on 06/05/2021
Success story - avocado farm in Kenya's Amboseli […]
- Photographer of the Year 2021 Weekly Selection: Week 17by Team Africa Geographic (Africa Geographic) on 06/05/2021
Fantastic images from our Photographer of the Year […]
- Chobe River lions face an uncertain futureby Guest Contributor (Africa Geographic) on 05/05/2021
Lions in the Chobe River area face an uncertain future […]
- Canned hunting canned: Minister Creecy announces ‘new deal’ for South Africa’s wildlife industryby Don Pinnock (Conservation Action Trust) on 04/05/2021
2nd May 2021 | Daily Maverick | Don Pinnock | Free to […]
- Africa does not need the East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline.by Amos Wemanya (Greenpeace Africa) on 03/05/2021
We are living in a climate crisis fuelled by fossil […]
- LION FARMING – A HIDEOUS COMPLEXITYby Conservation Action (Conservation Action Trust) on 03/05/2021
5th May 2021 | CACH | Chris Mercer | Environment […]
- Lions bones and bullets – bones for saleby Guest Contributor (Africa Geographic) on 03/05/2021
Industrial lion farming and illegal trade - Lions […]
- Zimbabwe welcomes international ‘vaccine tourism’by Zimasa Katamzi (Getaway Magazine) on 11/05/2021
Vaccine tourism has skyrocketed in Zimbabwe as foreign […]
- Treedom’s Gypsy Vardos – where the magic livesby Zimasa Katamzi (Getaway Magazine) on 10/05/2021
Treedom Gypsy Vardos is a place of fantasy, somewhere […]
- Trekking across the Karoo: Surviving the Tankwa Caminoby Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 10/05/2021
'I have never experienced the extremity of harsh […]
- Tryn’s pastry chef shares his soufflé recipe for World Baking Dayby Getaway (Getaway Magazine) on 10/05/2021
Upscale your dessert repertoire for World Baking Day […]
- The best Kruger campsites, north to southby Madeleine van Heerden (Getaway Magazine) on 10/05/2021
Imagine spending 18 days in the Kruger National Park? […]
- Experts concerned over SA travel after new COVID variants detectedby Zimasa Katamzi (Getaway Magazine) on 10/05/2021
Two new coronavirus variants have been detected in […]
- England to open international travel on May 17by Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 10/05/2021
England will reopen its borders to international […]
- Cape Town International records highest traffic since June 2020by Zimasa Katamzi (Getaway Magazine) on 10/05/2021
Cape Town International Airport has recorded the […]
- Overberg’s Klein River breaches naturallyby Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 08/05/2021
There are multiple ecological benefits of this […]
- Journey to Joburg’s Treasure Streetby Getaway (Getaway Magazine) on 08/05/2021
Ryan Enslin goes exploring in his hometown of […]
What we offer –
- You will receive between 30 and 50 high-resolution images absolutely free of charge, to use as you see fit. The images will be of your accommodation interior and exterior and the facilities and surroundings of your resort. The images can be used on your website, for posting to social media, even for printing of banners or posters.
- We do regular photograph postings to the major social media sites, containing a short narrative describing the image. The photographs taken at your resort will be used for this, over a period of time.
- We will also post a review of your resort on Tripadvisor and on your Facebook page.
- The images, reviews and your details will be published on our website, for viewing by our site visitors.
What we require in return –
- Complimentary, out-of-season weekend(s) (Fri – Sun), with accommodation for two in one of your chalets.
- Credits for the photographs taken by us – published on your website.
- An endorsement of what we do – published on your website and posted to your social media.
- Our watermarks are to remain intact on the photographs published.
22 December 2016 ~ Welcome to our newly established internet presence!
To date we have been jointly operating under the eX-Base Photography banner, but we recently had the privilege to expand our equipment base and skill-sets and as a result decided to split our operation into three streams –
- Nomads – Nature photography and Travel reviews (Operated by Xander and Mariaan Buys)
- eX-Base Photography – Architectural, Concert and Lifestyle photography (Operated by Xander Buys)
- Purple Hat Photography – Architectural and Lifestyle photography (Operated by Mariaan Buys – coming soon!)
This restructuring will allow us to publish relevant content in a more structured and logical fashion and also allow us to showcase our individual portfolios.
Going forward all new nature- and travel related content will be published on this site, with back-links to previous content captured by eX-Base Photography. This is why a lot of the images will continue to show the eX-Base Photography branding. Photo albums and reviews will also redirect to the respective eX-Base Photography Flickr and Tripadvisor websites. This will be rectified in time, please bear with us.
In the meantime, please check back often for updates or subscribe to receive update notifications.