- The story behind the Namibian elephant auctionby Gail Thomson (Africa Geographic) on 01/03/2021
Namibian elephant auction: We look at the background, […]
- CEO note: Epic images + livestock loss compensationby Simon Espley (Africa Geographic) on 26/02/2021
CEO note: Epic images + livestock loss compensation […]
- Compensation for damage-causing animals near Kruger NPby James Hendry (Africa Geographic editor-in-chief) (Africa Geographic) on 25/02/2021
Compensation given for damage causing animals on the […]
- Photographer of the Year 2021 Weekly Selection: Week 7by Team Africa Geographic (Africa Geographic) on 25/02/2021
Fantastic images from our Photographer of the Year […]
- NSPCA CHALLENGES THE CAPTIVE LION INDUSTRYby Conservation Action (Conservation Action Trust) on 25/02/2021
February 2021 | NSPCA | NSPCA | A POSITIVE CHANGE FOR […]
- African Wildcatby Team Africa Geographic (Africa Geographic) on 24/02/2021
African wildcats are one of Africa's “Secret 7” - […]
- Greenpeace Africa Responds to DEFF R2.9bn Irregular Expenditureby Chris Vlavianos (Greenpeace Africa) on 23/02/2021
23 February 2021, Johannesburg — In response to the […]
- Kenya Still at Risk Despite UN Plastics Nod: Greenpeaceby Hellen Dena (Greenpeace Africa) on 23/02/2021
Nairobi, 22 February 2021 — In the lead up to the UN […]
- Does the farming and legal trade of wildlife do more harm than good? New studyby Team Africa Geographic (Africa Geographic) on 22/02/2021
Farming and legal trade of wildlife could increase […]
- Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries blows nearly R3bn in irregular expenditureby Don Pinnock (Conservation Action Trust) on 22/02/2021
23rd February 2021 | Daily Maverick | Don Pinnock | […]
- South Africa Public Holidaysby Bianca J (Afristay Travel Blog) on 02/03/2021
2021 1 January: New Year’s Day […]
- School Holidaysby Bianca J (Afristay Travel Blog) on 02/03/2021
Term Duration 1 […]
- Zirk Botha reaches Brazil, completing 7,200km solo rowby Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 01/03/2021
The South African athlete reached Buzios, Brazil on […]
- Human impacts leave reefs short on sharks and long on moray eelsby Getaway (Getaway Magazine) on 26/02/2021
When Demian Chapman and his colleague first started […]
- Tourism Film Festival Africa open for entriesby Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 26/02/2021
The International Tourism Film Festival Africa is open […]
- Over 300kg of dried abalone seized in Cape Townby Getaway (Getaway Magazine) on 26/02/2021
The Hawks with Crime Intelligence and the Department […]
- Google South Africa, SA Tourism partner, launch ‘An Explorer’s Paradise’by Getaway (Getaway Magazine) on 26/02/2021
This is the first phase in a long-term collaboration […]
- Rescuers in Israel feed turtles mayonnaise after ingesting tarby Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 26/02/2021
Israel’s National Sea Turtle Rescue Center found an […]
- Increasing land use could turn Mount Kilimanjaro into an ecological islandby Getaway (Getaway Magazine) on 25/02/2021
Over the years, there’s been […]
- Are private rhino reserves the last hope?by Getaway (Getaway Magazine) on 25/02/2021
It’s a sobering thought: If you’re raising a child […]
What we offer –
- You will receive between 30 and 50 high-resolution images absolutely free of charge, to use as you see fit. The images will be of your accommodation interior and exterior and the facilities and surroundings of your resort. The images can be used on your website, for posting to social media, even for printing of banners or posters.
- We do regular photograph postings to the major social media sites, containing a short narrative describing the image. The photographs taken at your resort will be used for this, over a period of time.
- We will also post a review of your resort on Tripadvisor and on your Facebook page.
- The images, reviews and your details will be published on our website, for viewing by our site visitors.
What we require in return –
- Complimentary, out-of-season weekend(s) (Fri – Sun), with accommodation for two in one of your chalets.
- Credits for the photographs taken by us – published on your website.
- An endorsement of what we do – published on your website and posted to your social media.
- Our watermarks are to remain intact on the photographs published.
22 December 2016 ~ Welcome to our newly established internet presence!
To date we have been jointly operating under the eX-Base Photography banner, but we recently had the privilege to expand our equipment base and skill-sets and as a result decided to split our operation into three streams –
- Nomads – Nature photography and Travel reviews (Operated by Xander and Mariaan Buys)
- eX-Base Photography – Architectural, Concert and Lifestyle photography (Operated by Xander Buys)
- Purple Hat Photography – Architectural and Lifestyle photography (Operated by Mariaan Buys – coming soon!)
This restructuring will allow us to publish relevant content in a more structured and logical fashion and also allow us to showcase our individual portfolios.
Going forward all new nature- and travel related content will be published on this site, with back-links to previous content captured by eX-Base Photography. This is why a lot of the images will continue to show the eX-Base Photography branding. Photo albums and reviews will also redirect to the respective eX-Base Photography Flickr and Tripadvisor websites. This will be rectified in time, please bear with us.
In the meantime, please check back often for updates or subscribe to receive update notifications.