- Leading forest scientists call for a freeze on new logging in the Congo, urge governments to actby Tal Harris (Greenpeace Africa) on 28/10/2021
Leading African and international scientists join […]
- Bees – a solution to human-elephant conflictby Margrit Harris (Africa Geographic) on 28/10/2021
Bees and elephants - their busy, buzzing ways are […]
- Ezemvelo land is under threat from communities who say they will invade parksby Conservation Action (Conservation Action Trust) on 26/10/2021
25th October 2021 | iOL news | Thami Magubane | […]
- Green Gold: the Billion Dollar Question for the Congo Rainforestby Remy Zahiga, Jennifer Morgan and Martin Kaiser (Greenpeace Africa) on 26/10/2021
On the brink of an unprecedented environmental […]
- Cape Town – Mother Cityby Team Africa Geographic (Africa Geographic) on 26/10/2021
Cape Town - the Mother City - offers a blend of a […]
- Democratic Republic of Congo: The Environment Minister fails to comply with the order of the Presidentby Raphaël Mavambu (Greenpeace Africa) on 25/10/2021
A week after the decision of the President of the […]
- Update: Zambia’s Kasanka NP & world’s largest mammal migration under threatby Guest Contributor (Africa Geographic) on 25/10/2021
Under threat: The world's largest mammal migration and […]
- Comment – teamAG – Friday 22 October 2021by Team Africa Geographic (Africa Geographic) on 22/10/2021
Comment - teamAG - Friday 22 October 2021 The post […]
- African Union urged to address the threat of Congo forest logging driving extreme weather across sub-Saharan Africaby Tal Harris (Greenpeace Africa) on 21/10/2021
Kinshasa, 21 October 2021 – industrial logging in […]
- Letter to H.E. Josefa Leonel Correia Sacko, Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agricultureby Greenpeace Africa (Greenpeace Africa) on 21/10/2021
Save the Congo Basin Rainforest
- Take a listen to the sounds of Kruger at nightby Lauren Dold (Getaway Magazine) on 28/10/2021
An overnight visit to the Kruger is always exciting, […]
- 5 Reasons why the GWM P Series is the best adventure bakkieby David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 28/10/2021
Born tough, built smart, the GWM P Series has the […]
- SANParks announces free access week dates for 2021by Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 28/10/2021
SANParks, together with Total Energies and FNB will be […]
- Covid-era travel trends: Digital is the way forward, industry experts sayby Lorraine Kearney (Getaway Magazine) on 28/10/2021
Most people have become adept at online transactions […]
- Young female pangolin rescued from illegal wildlife tradeby Taylah Strauss (Getaway Magazine) on 28/10/2021
Thanks to a tip-off from a good Samaritan, another […]
- Curious kangaroos surround golfer teeing off in Australiaby David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 28/10/2021
A mob of kangaroos came to inspect the fairway on a […]
- South African Breweries drops Eskom in pursuit of renewable energyby Taylah Strauss (Getaway Magazine) on 28/10/2021
South African Breweries goes green and plans to use […]
- Best Birding Images Exhibition at Sea Point Promenadeby David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 27/10/2021
Orms challenged the creative community to put forward […]
- ‘If we don’t act now, its too late,’ says David Attenborough ahead of COP26by David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 27/10/2021
The date for COP26 is getting closer and closer as 200 […]
- Another travelling couple that decided to hit the roadby Taylah Strauss (Getaway Magazine) on 27/10/2021
The 'van life' is becoming increasingly popular, with […]
What we offer –
- You will receive between 30 and 50 high-resolution images absolutely free of charge, to use as you see fit. The images will be of your accommodation interior and exterior and the facilities and surroundings of your resort. The images can be used on your website, for posting to social media, even for printing of banners or posters.
- We do regular photograph postings to the major social media sites, containing a short narrative describing the image. The photographs taken at your resort will be used for this, over a period of time.
- We will also post a review of your resort on Tripadvisor and on your Facebook page.
- The images, reviews and your details will be published on our website, for viewing by our site visitors.
What we require in return –
- Complimentary, out-of-season weekend(s) (Fri – Sun), with accommodation for two in one of your chalets.
- Credits for the photographs taken by us – published on your website.
- An endorsement of what we do – published on your website and posted to your social media.
- Our watermarks are to remain intact on the photographs published.
22 December 2016 ~ Welcome to our newly established internet presence!
To date we have been jointly operating under the eX-Base Photography banner, but we recently had the privilege to expand our equipment base and skill-sets and as a result decided to split our operation into three streams –
- Nomads – Nature photography and Travel reviews (Operated by Xander and Mariaan Buys)
- eX-Base Photography – Architectural, Concert and Lifestyle photography (Operated by Xander Buys)
- Purple Hat Photography – Architectural and Lifestyle photography (Operated by Mariaan Buys – coming soon!)
This restructuring will allow us to publish relevant content in a more structured and logical fashion and also allow us to showcase our individual portfolios.
Going forward all new nature- and travel related content will be published on this site, with back-links to previous content captured by eX-Base Photography. This is why a lot of the images will continue to show the eX-Base Photography branding. Photo albums and reviews will also redirect to the respective eX-Base Photography Flickr and Tripadvisor websites. This will be rectified in time, please bear with us.
In the meantime, please check back often for updates or subscribe to receive update notifications.