- Global Plastic Treaty a Non-Negotiable in Tackling Africa’s Plastic Crisis.by Amos Wemanya (Greenpeace Africa) on 04/08/2021
The world is living in a state of multiple crises; […]
- Kenya’s Post Covid Recovery has to be People Centered NOT Coal Centered.by Timothy Nzioka (Greenpeace Africa) on 03/08/2021
The Post Covid Recovery Budget needs to address the […]
- WHY the change to a private travel & conservation clubby Simon Espley (Africa Geographic) on 02/08/2021
The private travel & conservation club for […]
- CEO note: Another giant elephant huntedby Simon Espley (Africa Geographic) on 30/07/2021
CEO note: Another giant elephant hunted The post CEO […]
- What does it mean to have money on a dead planet?by Evelyn Acham (Greenpeace Africa) on 29/07/2021
The Earth’s systems deliver crucial services to […]
- Another giant elephant trophy hunted – is this conservation?by James Hendry (Africa Geographic editor-in-chief) (Africa Geographic) on 29/07/2021
Another giant elephant shot in Botswana. What are the […]
- A journey to see Africa’s threatened sea turtlesby Sarah Kingdom (Africa Geographic) on 28/07/2021
Five of the world’s seven magnificent sea turtles […]
- Japan must finally end the sale and trade of elephant ivoryby Conservation Action (Conservation Action Trust) on 27/07/2021
26th July 2021 | Washington post | James A. Baker III […]
- Wildebeest sleep and the mysteries of slumberby Team Africa Geographic (Africa Geographic) on 26/07/2021
Wildebeest sleep for just four and a half hours in a […]
- In Cameroon, plastic pollution is making floods even deadlierby Nathalie Wamja Greenpeace volunteer (Greenpeace Africa) on 26/07/2021
There are recurring floods in my city, Douala. Every […]
- Where to Go for an Early Morning Walk in Livingstone, Zambiaby Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 04/08/2021
There is no better time to get outdoors and enjoy the […]
- 7 wonderful Women’s Day accommodation spots to relax atby David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 04/08/2021
Ladies, gather your friends for a lovely breakaway […]
- The ultimate beginner’s guide to hikingby Imogen Searra (Getaway Magazine) on 04/08/2021
Taking up the hobby of hiking may be daunting for […]
- Female leopard fights hyena for her kill in Kruger National Parkby Zimasa Katamzi (Getaway Magazine) on 04/08/2021
'The folks in the car next to us said the famous De […]
- Elephant spotted thrashing crocodile in Zambezi Riverby Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 04/08/2021
A safari-goer recently spotted an elephant killing a […]
- Playful elephant calf spotted chasing a starling to pass the timeby David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 04/08/2021
An elephant calf was captured in Kruger National Park […]
- South Africa’s rarest: The Cape golden moleby Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 04/08/2021
What makes these tiny creatures interesting, is that […]
- Entries open for the Prescient Race2Stanford Triathlon 2022by David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 04/08/2021
Entries are now open for the challenging but […]
- Cape Town Tourism and SATSA hope to get SA off UK’s ‘red list’by Anita Froneman (Getaway Magazine) on 04/08/2021
Cape Town Tourism has partnered with SATSA to get […]
- Rare chameleon feared to be extinct clinging for survival in Malawiby David Henning (Getaway Magazine) on 04/08/2021
There were fears that the Chapman’s pygmy chameleon […]
What we offer –
- You will receive between 30 and 50 high-resolution images absolutely free of charge, to use as you see fit. The images will be of your accommodation interior and exterior and the facilities and surroundings of your resort. The images can be used on your website, for posting to social media, even for printing of banners or posters.
- We do regular photograph postings to the major social media sites, containing a short narrative describing the image. The photographs taken at your resort will be used for this, over a period of time.
- We will also post a review of your resort on Tripadvisor and on your Facebook page.
- The images, reviews and your details will be published on our website, for viewing by our site visitors.
What we require in return –
- Complimentary, out-of-season weekend(s) (Fri – Sun), with accommodation for two in one of your chalets.
- Credits for the photographs taken by us – published on your website.
- An endorsement of what we do – published on your website and posted to your social media.
- Our watermarks are to remain intact on the photographs published.
22 December 2016 ~ Welcome to our newly established internet presence!
To date we have been jointly operating under the eX-Base Photography banner, but we recently had the privilege to expand our equipment base and skill-sets and as a result decided to split our operation into three streams –
- Nomads – Nature photography and Travel reviews (Operated by Xander and Mariaan Buys)
- eX-Base Photography – Architectural, Concert and Lifestyle photography (Operated by Xander Buys)
- Purple Hat Photography – Architectural and Lifestyle photography (Operated by Mariaan Buys – coming soon!)
This restructuring will allow us to publish relevant content in a more structured and logical fashion and also allow us to showcase our individual portfolios.
Going forward all new nature- and travel related content will be published on this site, with back-links to previous content captured by eX-Base Photography. This is why a lot of the images will continue to show the eX-Base Photography branding. Photo albums and reviews will also redirect to the respective eX-Base Photography Flickr and Tripadvisor websites. This will be rectified in time, please bear with us.
In the meantime, please check back often for updates or subscribe to receive update notifications.