Overview, images and reviews from our visit to Plettenberg Bay and surrounding areas.
- Saturday 15 October 2o16 – Flew with Safair from O.R. Tambo to George airport. Collected our rental car from Budget Car rental. All our travel arrangements were made with Travelstart and everything proceeded without a hitch. After the short drive to Wilderness we had lunch at the Blue Olive, from where we continued to the Beacon Island Resort in Plettenberg Bay. Check-in at the hotel was fast and efficient and we were settled in quickly. The room was perfectly suited for our requirements and we could not fault anything. We had dinner in the hotel at the Island Diner.
- Sunday 16 October 2016 – Started the day with breakfast at the Island Diner. Spent the rest of the day relaxing at the hotel. Had supper at the Coral Reef restaurant and watched the moon come up over the sea. Very romantic!
- Monday 17 October 2016 – After breakfast, we drove to the Knysna heads, one of our favorite places to visit. We explored for a while, got a couple of photographs and had lunch at the East Head cafe, one of our favorite restaurants! After supper we set up our kit to get some photographs of the moon rising over the sea but unfortunately the low cloud cover got in the way.
- Tuesday 18 October 2016 – Went to Garden of Eden, en route to Knysna. What a magical place! Spent over two hours exploring and taking photographs! Proceeded to Knysna afterwards and had lunch at Cafe Mario at the Knysna Quays. Explored Knysna for the possibility of retirement and decided that Leisure Island would be the perfect place to do so!
- Wednesday 19 October 2016 – We basically spent the whole day at the Robberg Nature Reserve and quite rightly so! An amazing place to visit with wonderful seascapes and awesome views. Had dinner at the Spur Steak Ranch, conveniently located opposite the hotel.
- Thursday 20 October 2016 – Went for a stroll on the beach after breakfast and took photos of the hotel interior and exterior. Dinner at the Fat Fish restaurant was a remarkable experience with perfectly prepared dishes. Highly recommended!
- Friday 21 October 2016 – Explored Plettenberg Bay and surrounds and took photos from the top of Signal Hill. Spent the rest of the day in the hotel lounge looking out over the sea. Had our last dinner at the Coral Reef again, to experience dishes recommended by the waiter during our first visit. Well worth it.
- Saturday 22 October 2016 – Departure day. Check-out went as smooth as checking in, kudos to Tsogo Sun! Took a scenic drive all the way back to George for flying back to O.R. Tambo airport in Johannesburg.
It was a truly amazing experience to visit this small section of the Garden Route in the Western Cape. One week is however not long enough to take in all the attractions that are on offer. We will most definitely go back!
(In no particular order)
- The Coral Reef
- Island Diner
- Garden of Eden
- Garden Route
- Cafe Mario
- The Waterfront Knysna Quays
- Knysna Heads
- East Head Cafe
- Yellow Wood Spur Steak Ranch
- The Fat Fish
- Plettenberg Beach
- Robberg Nature Reserve
- Beacon Island Resort
- Blue Olive Restaurant
Plettenberg Bay – Beacon Island Resort
Plettenberg Bay & surrounds – Nature
Knysna – Garden of Eden
Plettenberg Bay – Robberg